Re: [ST] Apologies to UK bikers

Hello,

Anthony Luscher wrote:
> Didn't know it was so high in the UK. Don't know how to run a cage at
> those prices.
> Tony

Just checked.  It's $6.78 at my local petrol station.  Remember that a
UK Gallon is around 20% bigger than a US Gallon, so I suppose the real
figure is closer to $5.70.

What are you paying on your side of the pond?  The last couple of times
I was over there it was about $0.90 in 1998 and $1.50 in 2002.  Or
thereabouts.  Maybe regional differences account for some of this.
Florida in 1998 (wooing the woman who is now the 125cc riding nutter,
and convincing her to move to 'sunny' Scotland. [no-one is allowed to
come up with a smutty synonym for wooing either ;-) ] ) and Wisconsin in
2002 (doing database programming on a $6M particle accelerator.  Was
easier than the wooing!)

Taking the £:$ thing as an absolute is a misquoting of the real price to
a certain extent due to differences in basic wages and the currently
weak USD.

Good night all,

Andrew