RE: [ST] Brake Pads

I like the Ferodo brake pads. I had a set of front Ferodo FDB557ST which lasted ~23k mi. I liked them. Then I ran as set of  Galfer FD099G1054 which lasted 17.5k mi. While the Galfer were ok, I don't not really like them. Also they made a lot of brake dust.
  Now I have a set of Ferodo FDB557XR, which is more of a race pad.  I get my Ferodo's from Ferodo Brake Tech 909-471-3476 (www.braketech.com) and they did not have the FDB557ST pads when I called. The XR pad has a thicker back plate, so the pad matterial is a little thinner. But the feel and initial bit are great.
  I am currently using EBC/Premier FA214/2 pads on the rear. I don't use the rear enough to have an opinion.

David W. Funk
'00 Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA