Re: [ST] for those who don't just LOVE chain cleaning

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, STeve Duncan wrote:

- ->It was only entertaining the first time.....

- -No, it wasn't, not really.  :)

Heh, I thought it was mildly entertaining, esp. since Triumph's own manuals
say to clean in kerosene despite what Mr. Official Triumph Advisor (forgot who
was mentioned already) said.

I'll line up with those that spray WD-40 onto the rag then wipe as I've yet to
find a better gunk cleaner that lubes a little too while leaving a protective
water dispersing coating.  But I do agree that spraying it onto the chain
where it could get forced behind the o-ring would be a bad thing.

Now who has an idea of where I can find a 3/4 washer in plastic or hard rubber
instead of the galvanized metals that's common?  Looking for a backing plate
for the RV Roof connectors as used for tank bag electrification...

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '98 VFR800FI -hers    ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  '89 Hawk GT  -hers   Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  66    U    AMA,CMHmoto,HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail