Re: [ST] Changing headlight bulbs

Gavin, I replaced the bulbs in my 00 ST without the removal of any cockpit. You can get your hands in there. You first need to remove the rubber boots around the back of the light. You remove the electricla plug along with the boot. Once the rear of the bulb is exposed you can see the thin metal wire clip that holds the bulb into the cavity. It is very easy to unclip the sprung wire and swing it out of the way. On my right side, I somehow broke the small piece that surrounds one end of that metal clip which becomes the pivot point. It took me quite a while to fabricate my own clip holding mechanism. Be careful these are fragile.

Here is a link to the TriumphNet site and there is a pic of the rear of the bulb (near bottom of page):

http://www.triumphnet.com/st/faq/elec/index.html

Remember NOT to touch any of the glass on the bulb. Finger prints can cause that area to super heat and could lead to early bulb failure.

Derek

> From: Gavin Lawrie <Gavin.Lawrie@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2004/10/09 Sat AM 09:28:20 EDT
> To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [ST] Changing headlight bulbs
>
> Hello
>
> Following useful suggestions about improving lights on my 03 ST, I have
> obtained two SuperWhite Xenon H4 bulbs to install.  So just need to
> install them...

End of st-digest V2004 #550