Re: [ST] Changing headlight bulbs

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Gavin Lawrie wrote:

- -   1. Is it really necessary to completely dissemble the front of the
- -      bike simply to change the headlight bulbs (surely a bit awkward if
- -      one goes while you are off touring etc.)?  Perhaps there is a way
- -      to do this without such major work.

It is really easier to do with the front fairing (cockpit) removed, and it's
not all that hard to remove.  You have to take the finish panels off that are
just to the sides of the windscreen on the inside, removed the mirrors, take
the two bottom windscreen platic screws out, remove the 3 fairing bolts that
bolt the side fairing to the front fairing, and the one (2) up top.  I think
there are a couple underneath too.

- -   2. If there is no other way, does anyone know of an online source of
- -      a 'sequence to remove the cockpit' instructions I can consult?  I
- -      hope to get a workshop manual sometime, but as yet have none.

Haven't seen an online, but on things like this the Haynes really helps since
they show you the step by step instructions.  The shop manual is useful too,
but doesn't show you procedure.

FWIW, HIH some,
- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '98 VFR800FI -hers    ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  '89 Hawk GT  -hers   Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  66    U    AMA,CMHmoto,HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail