[ST] for David - front cupping

 >>> cupping is related to braking. But I don't see the connection to
heavy throttle will exiting a turn. <<<

    In a turn the rear tire describes a tighter arc (shorter radius
turn) than the front tire on anything which steers with the front
wheel (or wheels).  If it's driven by the rear wheel (or wheels), the
force vector of the powered wheel tries to push the bike straight
ahead.  On a bike, being leaned over moves the contact patch toward
the side of the tire - the inside of the turn - even further,
aggravating the power's tendency to push the front toward the outside
of the corner (understeer).  As you can see, the wider the rear tire
the greater the angle and the less power you can use in the corner
without pushing the front.  This is what's changed the road racer's
style from a smooth arc to 'drive it in-get it turned-pick it up-fire
it out'.  One of the best and cheapest handling improvements you can
make on a Sprint is to go down a size or two on the width of your
next rear tire, wheel size permitting.
 for Rich - retirement

 >>> Ah, semi-retirement is great. <<<

    Ahh,... I guess if you'd call a semi-erection great, this is
true.
After a dozen years of Full retirement let me tell you that, like a
full erection, it is much more to be desired!  It's even great when -
as in my case - it's only a treasured memory (but a problem I can
lick).

                                      doggydoo   - - - o&\o