[ST] Brain Fade

- ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C4B90B.B09E9C20

My ST is parked parallel to the back wall in my garage, with my brand =
new 04 Maxima backed up to it on "my side" of the garage.  The SP3 is =
parked nose in, with it's front wheel just behind the ST's rear wheel.  =
When the Maxima is properly positioned, I can still open the rear =
passenger door on the driver's side, should I need to retrieve something =
from the back seat.  The Triple is very close to the rear quarter panel =
of my new cage.  I hate starting the car just to move the Triple out- if =
you don't let the car warm up, it's not happy on the next startup, etc.  =
I decided that I could carefully extract the Triple if  I proceeded so l =
o w l y.  Keep in mind, the bike is on a Pit Bull stand at the rear =
wheel.  I raised the handle on the Pit Bull stand, lowered the bike =
slowly onto the rear wheel, pulled the stand free of the rear hub, and =
realized to my horror, that the sidestand was retracted, and the bike =
was being drawn at a rapid rate towards the pristine paint of my new =
car.  The following events are somewhat hazy, but I will attempt to =
reconstruct them:  The adrenaline surge kicking in as I contemplated the =
destruction of two prized possessions (silly rabbit) led me to grabbing =
the tail section of the bike, and VERY forcefully yanking it back =
upright, which in turn (every action having an equal but opposite =
reaction, physics 101), sent the bike rapidly past full upright, and =
quickly headed for a right side mondo destructo gravity storm, with my =
new 450.00 Triumph Carbon Fibre Bling Bling Exhaust Can being featured =
as The Sacrificial Lamb.  At that exact moment, my 10 year son appeared =
next to me and watched in amusement and wonderment as I somehow caught =
the bike before it reached the Dreaded Point of No Return, forcing the =
bitch back to vertical, and he then casually re- inserted the Pit Bull =
stand and asked me with the  guile only a 10 year old can muster, "Dad, =
what the fuck were you thinking about?"- a phrase he's heard more times =
than we both care to admit.....

If it's any consolation, Zoltan, you're not alone.....

Denis Liakos
'01 BRG ST
'01 Neon Blue SP3- still unscathed
  ----- Original Message -----=20