RE: [ST] Warrantee Issue?

Glad to hear the explanation Tom.  IIRC, the demo program has a price
incentive to the dealer when the bike is purchased from ToA.  I believe
there were also some extra incentives on left-over '01's due to the revised
specs of the '02.  But that should be worked out between ToA and the dealer
& shouldn't affect you, the end user.
Good luck!
- --Rick in Oregon
  '01 Sprint ST

- -----Original Messages Follow-----
Tom,
Any possibility the bike was a demo?  If so, the  warranty begins the day it
was placed in demo service.

- - --Rick in  Oregon
'01 Sprint ST

I managed to get ahold of the original dealer I bought it from.  You  are
correct on the below. Something I found out after I received a call back
from
the dealer I bought it from.

It turns out my Sprint ST was shipped as a demo model to the dealer and the

warrantee starts 6 months after it is shipped/received by the dealer.
However,
 in my case, my ST wasn't demo'd at all. It sat in a crate till just before
got  it.  It's first prep for service was in December of 2003.  It was
never
placed into service.  It was placed into service when I bought  it.

The dealer I bought it from (I've never met the guy as I bought it via the
Internet), said he would call Triumph and see if they will do something for

me.  He said he is going to try and extend the warrantee for me.
Especially
since it was never set up till just before it was shipped to  me.

Thanks to those that responded to my query!!

I may also call Triumph and see if they will do something.  I'll try  and be

a squeaky wheel!.

Tom

End of st-digest V2004 #578