[ST] winter riding

Well it is nearing that time of year when my daily rides will consist of
  a feeling of dread until I get out in it and start to ride.  In the
past I've done fairly well with suiting up for winter without spending a
ton on specialty winter riding gear.  I've experimented with different
clothing, but this year I am very close to doing the electric pants and
jacket liner from Gebring.  Besides wanting information on this sort of
clothing I also need to know if anyone has had a problem with the
wattage used by the clothing and the output of the alternator.  I think
this was discussed before, but I need info again.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Elliott