From: Tim Elliott
Subject: [ST] winter riding

Well it is nearing that time of year when my daily rides will consist of
  a feeling of dread until I get out in it and start to ride.  In the past
I've done fairly well with suiting up for winter without spending a ton on
specialty winter riding gear.  I've experimented with different clothing,
but this year I am very close to doing the electric pants and jacket liner
from Gebring.  Besides wanting information on this sort of clothing I also
need to know if anyone has had a problem with the wattage used by the
clothing and the output of the alternator.  I think this was discussed
before, but I need info again.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Elliott