[ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #591

Tim, I've been running a complete set of Gerbings while on my 2000 RS.  This
is the jacket liner, gloves, pants liner, and socks.  Best accessory
investment I've ever made.  A full day of 26 - 30 deg F and stayed toasty
warm.

When I bought from Gerbing, I bought the dual controller.  The rep suggested
the gloves on one circuit and the rest of the gear on the other.  I thought
this was suspect, as I was going to put the jacket and gloves on one and the
pants and socks on the other.  Luckily I took the advice.  On the coldest
day I've ever ridden on, the glove controller was about 80% and the rest
about 50%.  Never had a hot spot or chilly spot once I got the correct level
set.  Can't say enough good things about Gerbing gear.  Do take their
recommendation and wear some kind of thin undergarment under the electrics,
as this helps spread out the heat. Socks and gloves weren't a problem.

I ran the RS about 11 hours that day, with the settings mentioned above, and
with a two year old battery, and never had a problem with current drain.
But, again, I was moving at a good clip and didn't idle much.  But if you do
idle you won't need as much heat and will have to turn down the level.

The entire set was a bit expensive but I've been kicking myself for waiting
so long.  It's definitely makes cold weather riding comforable.  Now if
Gerbing would make an electric shield for my Shoei RF-900 I'd be really
happy.

Don Payne
00 Sprint RS