Re: [ST] Mileage going down

- --part1_54.361d3f20.2eb6edbe_boundary

I have 80,000kms on my '99 model ST.
I went down one tooth on the front sprocket, some time ago to sweeten things
up a bit and it worked a treat.
It is starting to use some oil, about a litre between 10,000k services.

Around town and to and from work I regularly get 250km to reserve and about
40-50k's from reserve. (21 litre tank)

On a trip, such as Sydney to Brisbane, which I will be doing this week I get
300k's to reserve and around 50 - 60 k's from reserve.

If I go for a fun ride, naturally to fuel economy is out the window, with as
little as 200k's to empty. The old right wrist thing - the more you twist the
throttle bigger the smile - its a scientifically proven fact!

I would be interested to hear from anyone in Australia about experiences with
our various brands of Premium fuel.

I can run Optimax, BP & Mobil Premium no worries. Caltex Premium ("Vortex")
has a noticeable drop in power.

Also has anyone tried the "Fitch Fuel Filter"? A drop in the tank device that
supposedly absorbs gums and resins from the fuel giving cleaner burning, more
efficiency and therefore more power.

Stay Upright,
Brett.

- --part1_54.361d3f20.2eb6edbe_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I have 80,000kms on my '99 model ST=
.<BR>
I went down one tooth on the front sprocket, some time ago to sweeten things=
 up a bit and it worked a treat.<BR>
It is starting to use some oil, about a litre between 10,000k services.<BR>
<BR>
Around town and to and from work I regularly get 250km to reserve and about=20=
40-50k's from reserve. (21 litre tank)<BR>
<BR>
On a trip, such as Sydney to Brisbane, which I will be doing this week I get=
 300k's to reserve and around 50 - 60 k's from reserve.<BR>
<BR>
If I go for a fun ride, naturally to fuel economy is out the window, with as=
 little as 200k's to empty. The old right wrist thing - the more you twist t=
he throttle bigger the smile - its a scientifically proven fact!<BR>
<BR>
I would be interested to hear from anyone in Australia about experiences wit=
h our various brands of Premium fuel.<BR>
<BR>
I can run Optimax, BP &amp; Mobil Premium no worries. Caltex Premium ("Vorte=
x") has a noticeable drop in power.<BR>
<BR>
Also has anyone tried the "Fitch Fuel Filter"? A drop in the tank device tha=
t supposedly absorbs gums and resins from the fuel giving cleaner burning, m=
ore efficiency and therefore more power.<BR>
<BR>
Stay Upright,<BR>
Brett.</FONT></HTML>

- --part1_54.361d3f20.2eb6edbe_boundary--