Re: RE: [ST] Need aTune

> If what you say is true, and the thing is only good for one VIN, that explains why a local (non Triumph) shop didn't buy it.  They wouldn't be able to do any bike that strolled into the mechanic.  They've been starting to service more Triumphs, because the dealer sux, and were considering getting a computer to tune them.

You can use the TuneBoy with many bikes, but each bike needs its own unlock key (at $100 each). There's no way to get a custom (non-Triumph) tune into the ECU short of a TuneBoy, so as a customer, I'd rather spend $100 for the just the key and let the dealer download/tweak tunes, than spend $350 for the whole thing. If said dealer also offered dyno services, then they'd be onto something.

Garry