RE: [ST] New Triumph Models

I really think they found a good compromise between the hard-corner-stealth-technology look of current offerings out there and maintaining the basic look of the sprint. The front light cluster looks powerful, maybe they have truly addressed the typically underpowered lighting on the sprint. I love the three pipes and how the underseat exhaust shows off the SSSA.

On the down side, I'm disappointed that they gave into the displacement appreciation wars. For what this bike is supposed to do, it really didn't need that much more power (as my speeding ticket this weekend can attest to). My '01 has plenty. The better tune of the later sprints is quite nice. Why not just refine what you got? And the panniers. What's with those? Is it supposed to be able to float? They look like pontoons. Is there a propeller option.

My gripes aside, this will still be on my short list of next bikes when I decide to move on from the current ST.

Personally, I love the new SP3. It looks like a real bruiser. I'd fork out for that puppy! And they've added radially mounted brakes (looking distinctly like brembos any word on that?).

Being partial to our bikes as we are, change is bound to bring about some disapointment. But all in all, I like the direction that Triumph are going.

Peter Chittum
'01 BRG ST
San Jose, CA, USA