[ST] 1500 miles in a little over 3 days into PA, MD, WV on my new bike.....

Well I just picked up a 99 YZF600r from a squid in
Brooklyn who though a tipped over YZF was 'pristine,'
duct-taped the rear turn signals in the side vents for
the rear panels, thought the 5 yr old OEM Bridgestone
BT-57s would be just fine for aggressive riding, and
had chicken strips 2.5 inches on both sides and said
he liked to "keep it straight up as possible" around
town, then really rip it up with another bike of his
on the track and was selling it to pick up an
RC-51...AneeWay...got it for a decent price I though.
*shrugs*

The bike had 3300 miles on it and I decided to test it
out. Used some routes from VFR Lister Dan. B to get me
through the lower part of the Catskills and hovering
around Rt 17.  Notable road here was Rt 17B, it was
really nice.  Stopped my Grandma's house in
Binghamton, had dinner and followed 17 west into PA
then dropped down to Rt 6 and stayed in Mansfield, PA
for the night.  (note to self, even when the route
says "Highway" it doesn't mean it's a 6 lane, well
light and critter free in PA. :p)  Mileage, an
easy-going 325 miles.

Consulted with Pittsburgh Triumph RAT member Garry
Simmons for the remainder of the trip, and he did a
great job!

Sunday was my BIG day.  From Mansfield PA to Galeton,
over Rt 6 to the Little Grand Canyon, but it was 7am
and too foggy to see anything, then down Rt 144 to Rt
220 to Rt 504 across to 350 south 453 then back up 45
to Rt 26 into State college.  A round about way for
sure.  Notable road was Rt 144, in PA u can double the
speed limit most anyway and I did that and them-some
on Rt 144 going over the valleys and cliffs, beautiful
scenery, and no one around for miles....