[ST] Re: st-digest V2004 #489

At 9:55am, Sep 8,  owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx Hath Written:

> This is sick. To kill an innocent animal is sad. Steve, by killing
> this creature you screwed up, in a big way. What will you do differently
> going forward to avoid similar incidents? Sorry, but killing innocent
> creatures and then bragging about it paints a pretty sad picture of
> humanity. Here's an idea. Next time you see a creature by the side of
> the road, slow way down. That's what I do, and it works.

Jeez dude, take a chill pill.  I don't think his intent was to revel in
how he deliberately ran down a squirrel.  Far from it.  I'm sure he felt
bad about it.  And I like to think most, if not all, the ST listers would
do what they could to avoid running down an animal (and not just for the
sake of their bikes).  But shit happens.  If I caught you abusing or
running down an animal on purpose, I would be first in line to rip your
arms off and beat you bloody senseless (a bit violent, I know, but that's
how I *feel* about the topic).  However, if my personal safety is at risk
by trying to avoid Mr. Squirrel Butt, I'll take him out every time, say
a prayer for him, ask for his forgiveness, and move on.  Hell, I stop
on the road and take carcasses off the asphalt and into the brush because
no else respects the animals enough to do it.

As for how he described the incident, sometimes humor is the only way to
deal with something painful.  And sometimes ya just gotta laugh at tragic
shit, because in the end, if you can't see humor in the Tragedy of Life,
then you're taking it all way to serious.

Kevin Liske

            What part of Noh did you not understand?
                 --Old Japanese saying--