[ST] Re: raptor pants

Thanks for the heads up Lisa, I was thinking about buying some of those at
one point.  I still have a very hard time finding riding gear that is worth
a crap, and I've been looking for good gear for 25 years.  Most of it is
still leather bustiers or thin cheesy leather with 18" fringe.  Not that
there's anything wrong with that.  :P

> I just thought other female riders out there and those of you who have
> wives that ride would find this very interesting.  Hip pads are a small
> deal, unless that's where you land . . . . .
>
> Triumph won't change its policy unless it knows there are people that
> object to it, which is why I sent my e-mail and have taken the position
> I have regarding its riding gear.
>
> I also guess I have taken this personally, as to me, this says that
> Triumph cares less about my physical safety than it does my husband's.
> It makes one think. . . . . .

I could be way off base here, but maybe they believe there aren't many women
that are actually riding very often or "hard" enough etc. to actually need
protective gear that functions.  Or maybe they think we ride SO well that we
never crash and need gear.  Pffft! in either case.  Or maybe they saw a
picture of me and said "Hm, maybe the women's pants don't really NEED any
more padding in that area".  Who knows.   I finally gave up and got custom
leathers.

> '01 BRG ST (Killed by Marmot)
Doh!
- --