[ST] Body interchangebility/new stuff for ST

The 05 ST has a new frame, new swingarm, new engine, revised gearbox and
revised clutch, cartridge forks (all this from the dealer catalog).  It
still has 5.5US gallons, lots more light, and nice accessories like the
hard cases as well as a top box, two new style tank bags, performance
exhaust and a cool new GPS unit that fits on the triple clamp and has a
removable memory card that travels between bike unit and computer, audio
instructions that feed into helmet earphones, and touch screen manipulation.

The Triumph catalog photos make this bike look way to cool for its own
good.  There may be some styling cues from other bikes, but the whole of
the new ST is that it is its own bike.

Triumph is starting a new advertising campaign called  "Go your own
way.......Find your way to your Triumph dealer"  They seem to be
positioning themselves to be an alternative to the mainstream bikes where
there really isn't much difference.  You can ride what everyone else rides,
or you can ride a Triumph.  Their 2005 lineup doesn't have a single dog in
it.  This ST is a major update to a very good bike and I'm liking what I
see so far.

Dan.

Dan Wallander
Albuquerque, New Mexico