RE: [ST] New Triumph Models

i stopped by my local dealer yesterday to get a new front Avon, and the
[new but experienced] salesman casually pounced on me after checking my
odo [29,000+]. 'Seen the new ST?' he had full color factory brochures in
hand. the dealer was just back from England, liked the new line. he said
they may actually get demo Rockets - so far all have been pre-sold, his
fourth [fifth?] is due in and out shortly. he's gotten to ride one about a
mile.

between the 'net pics and the brochure: the new ST front look is all
'ricer' to me, but i will get used to the new looks, and expect the motor
to have the same 'character' as the current one; it will still be the bike
someone has to be better than to get my attention when mine wears out.

turns out the salesman was new because they acquired him with the Suzuki
line from another local dealer - probably a good thing for me, they'll
make enough money to keep Triumph.

they have a "used" - 2900 miles - 2000 Tiger with every trick add on known
to man, absolutely pristine, asking $6,900. some rich guy's toy...

bruce

<I'm sure it is a mock-up to some degree.

There haven't even been any spy pics that have come out yet, and I don't
see any official announcement on www.triumph.co.uk yet. I wouldn't expect
them to be the full-blown deal yet.>