[ST] Side bag use (was: ST new bags)

Rupert Galea wrote:
> I have always thought that a top case was the way to go for commuting
> and side bags for touring.

I used to feel the same way until I found myself without my top box for
a while. But I've grown accustomed to using the side bags all the time
and the top box only when I need to carry something extra.

For commuting:
Left bag contents: Tool kit, rain suit, rain gloves, extra set of
gloves, towel
Right bag: Backpack with work stuff and pants, helmet bag with other
visor, towels, mileage log, and a butt-load of pencils (accumulated from
forgetting to take them out from behind my ear while in my office)

I used to thing that the bags made me too wide but I came to realize
that the mirrors work like antennae since they stick out as far as the
bags. Splitting lanes in NYC, I know that if the mirrors won't fit
between two vehicles then neither will my trusty steed.

- --
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"