RE: Re: [ST] Power Commander worth it?

Hi Garry, I understand that they are a piggyback setup, I guess I could have
phrased the question better.

What I meant to ask is whether a Power Commander allows for custom maps,
rather than just allowing the download of Triumph tunes, which is what I
believe the Tuneboy does.

My bike is an '02, from what I understand, the second genration ECUs don't
allow the same kind of fine tuning that the 1st generation did.
I know on my '99, I watched the mechanic dial in the CO% with a Tunebot (I
think) and a sniffer in the tailpipe, but getting my '02 to run right with
thh Jardine pipe involved hours (literally) of trial and error, downloading
different pre-programmed maps to the ECU over and over. Not to mention some
spectacular backfiring on deceleration.

If someone would be kind enough to enlighten me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Stuart Mumford
Riverside CA