RE: Re: [ST] Power Commander worth it?

> If someone would be kind enough to enlighten me, I would appreciate it.

The TuneBoy lets you download standard Triumph tunes, custom tunes from other people, or your own creations. I'm currently running a tune in my 2002 RS that is my tweaks on someone else's custom tune (based off Triumph tune 10130).

The 02 and later models come with an oxygen lambda sensor in the exhaust header which eliminates the need to set the idle fuel mix by measuring CO. You still have full control over the fuel map, the ignition map, air/fuel ratio targets, idle speeds, fan control and more with TuneBoy. I believe the TuneBoy site has feature to feature comparison to the Power Commander.

Personally, I prefer the idea of sending the factory ECU new settings rather than having to splice in another piece of hardware (even if the functionality is identical). Cost is similar.

- - Garry