RE: [ST] ST new bags

I've always been a fan of the analog gauges......

Matt Heyer

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of He
Fei-Bao
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 8:42 PM
To: st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] ST new bags

I guess I'm the wierdo, as I love the look of the ST with the hard panniers
and the the bike looks better with them than without.

For the top box...I don't dig it as much when the panniers are on, but by
itself esp on an RS it looks nice to me - esp when compared to Givi, etc.
Also, it does hold a lot :)

OTOH, the bags on the new ST are butt ugly.  Don't care for all the sharp
angles myself (I like curves).

I'm also disappointed to see analog gauges on the '05.  I don't go over
100mph often, meaning that hafl of the speedo is wasted space 99% of the
time, and those small numbers can be hard to read in the rain at night.  I
really wished they'd have gone digital.

Also, I agree with the poster that stated the concern re: insurance of it
now being > 1000 cc's.  I'd rather have the 955 and the lower rate, even if
it meant a few hp..

*