[ST] Triumph's racing days are done:-(

It's a sad day for British Motorcycle Racing, read on:-

ValMoto is opening a new chapter in its racing activities after its current
partner Triumph has announced that it will withdraw from racing in 2005.
Following a successful two seasons, with a win and manufacturers team award
at the world famous Isle of Man T.T. races in 2003, podium finishes in
British Supersport in both 2003 and 2004 and points in World Supersport,
Triumph ValMoto will not contest the 2005 Championship.

ValMoto's managing director Jack Valentine said "We are proud to have been
associated with pioneering the return to racing of Britain's only major
motorcycle manufacturer and also of our achievement over the past two
years, but with the new Daytona 650 not being homologated to race, Triumph
have decided to withdraw from racing leaving a brief but successful stamp
on the British Supersport Championship."

It is proposed that ValMoto will continue to work with Triumph Motorcycles
developing race and performance parts for various motorcycles. Regarding
racing projects Valentine remains optimistic: "ValMoto have the staff and
infrastructure in place to race in any championship up to World level. We
are currently discussing development and team management projects as well
as exploring various opportunities with new commercial partners with the
view to running a team in 2005 British Superbike Championship."

Que Lastima, Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"