Re: [ST] '05 ST forks & brakes?

> Slow down there. I think everyone is confusing the photos on the
> rideteamtriumph.com website. The close up photo of the upside down
> fork is of a Speed Triple not the ST. Look at the photos again. The
> Service guy at my shop, who just came back from the show, said the ST
> had the pre-load adjustment but wasn't sure about rebound or
> compression. But that they are true cartridge fork, not the dampener
> rod setup. So they'll handle much better during braking etc.

Anything short of the best suspension on any Triumph bike is shortchanging
the Sprint IMO. If the Speed Triple had USD fully-adjustable forks with
trick brakes, then it belongs on the Sprint even more so. Fully adjustable
top shelf rear shock too. The Sprint is a SPORT-touring bike. They spend at
least as much time scratching in the twisties or on race tracks (if not
more) as a Speed Triple, so they deserve the same qaulity suspension. I'm
VERY disappointed in Triumph continuing to cheap on the Sprint suspenders.
I'd gladly pay a few hundred more to get the good stuff from the factory
than have to pay $1000 (or more) to upgrade the mediocre factory stuff.

IMO, the Sprint ST should be a full-on sportbike with relaxed ergos, and a
torquey motor for $9,999 (hardbags extra).

Garry