[ST] heat

In a message dated 9/14/04 10:06:56 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I recently acquired a 99 ST and have been surprised by how hot the frame =
gets right where I rest my knees.  Does anyone have any remedies to =
suggest? >>
I take it you don't wear pants with knee armor. I do, and have not been
bothered by the hot frame.
Taking off the belly pan helps a little to cool the blast of hot air that
heats your thighs. Riding with the knees spread, or alternating, abducting one at
a time, also helps. I wonder if the new ones are going to be the same.
Triumph told me they send their prototypes out to Texas for testing in hot weather.
They should send them to the Imperial Valley, 100 miles east of San Diego,
where they have triple digit (F) temps and often into the 100 and teens all
summer long. Dave Collins, San Diego ('99 ST)