RE: [ST] high mileage and speed?

I put 45k miles on a '99 model with very little issue.  It did seem to be
sipping oil a bit at the end there, but not quite alarmingly.  It got traded
in on my current mount, which is an '02 Sprint ST.  It's currently getting
it's 48k mile service at the dealership and it's done pretty good.  The
engine seems to be holding up even better than the '99 did.  I did have a
throttle position sensor go bad at about 32k.  And a freak charging system
stator failure about the same time.  But both were replaced under warranty
and I'm not worried about them.

I'm not exactly known for being gentile on machinery.  The '99 did alot of
interstate miles at 80mph+, and weekend thrashing on Ozark backroads on
weekends.  The '02 has gotten more of the same, with 3 trackdays thrown in
on top of it.  I have made more used of the total RPM range on the '02 than
I was on the '99.  I spent alot of time at 2/3 of redline and less on the
'99.  The '02 has been at, or on, the redline a number of times.

I will caution you to pay attention to the front disk runnout, as I've
warped every OEM disk I've had on the bike from new.  I'm scrimping and
planning a brake refurbish this winter.  I also seem to wear out rear
shocks, or atleast notice it getting worse, around 30-34k miles.  Oh, and
the seat was toast at about 18k miles, but there are some good aftermarket
alternatives.  Other than that I just keep racking up the sMILEs.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen