[ST] high mileage

At 09:55 AM 9/21/2004 - st-digest offered:
>I now have 75,000km's on it and would like to hear from anyone that has, or
>knows of  higher mileage examples and any issues I should be aware of before
>they become problems.

Rick Diamiani who used to be a member of this list put 116,000 miles on his
99ST and it was an early one with not so much as a fuel connector replaced
and he did all his own valve adjustments and other service work.  Rick sold
it and got an 02 Speed Triple.  I've known Rick and the bike since new and
all mileage was genuine.  The bike was dropped several times, painted flat
black and he commuted on it exclusively and was *not* babied by any stretch
of the imagination although he took care of it mechanically very well.  It
did start using more oil than he'd hoped for as it got older but never
smoked to my knowledge and he felt it was still sound when he unloaded it.

Ken T. from Ca.

It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize that you are in a
hurry.
- - --Ralph's Observation

95' Trident, 96' Virago 11, 99' Triumph Sprint ST, 02' Bonneville
http://www.labiker.com/members/index.php?cc63d31418542