[ST] OK, here's an object lesson...

...just back downstairs from changing my shorts.

Grace has complained for a few days that her bike was 'rattling'; I
suggested she park it until I had a chance to check it over, but she
explained that 'everything worked just fine', and - of course - continued to
commute up the 110.  I'm working on two contracts, so have been leaving at
dawn, but took her bike out of the garage, walked it up and down the
driveway, listened for the rattle, and hard something, but couldn't find -
in the 30 seconds I had - any problem.

So today, I used Frank and Mo's front stand, put the bike up, and took off
the caliper in preparation for pulling the wheel.

And the brake pads fell out. The retaining pin was gone.

So here's today's lesson, kiddies: if your bike is making funny noises, park
the fucking thing until you can go over it and figure out what's what. And
if your wife or husband's bike is making funny noises, MAKE THEM PARK THE
DAMN THING until you know what's wrong.

MracD the damn lucky...