RE: [ST] High Mileage - Oil consumption

> Startup and on/off throttle is most often the valve stem seals.
> However, the valve stem seals usually wear out because the valve
guides
> are worn allowing the valve stem to wiggle too much.

Thanks John. I am going to assume that my valve stem seals are the
problem. I have to wonder why they are not sealing after 33K miles. The
bike has been properly maintained. It seems this has happened to other
99 ST's. Is it possible that there was a problem with early seals? I
seem to remember that is it possible to remove valve springs by using
air pressure to hold the valves closed. I wonder if I can replace my
valve seals without removing the head? Right now it is not burning
enough oil to warrant this but...

Does anyone have the full story on the bad breather valve and seal?
Rupert