Re: Re: [ST] Tech Info

My Sprint owners manually specifically says to use Kerosene to clean the chain.

Personally, I usually soak a rag in kerosene and wipe the worst of the grunge off with that. Rinse rag, repeat. Lube chain with BelRay Super Clean (waxy stuff). Got 23K out of the last chain (stock) and I'm not sure it needed to be replaced. Seemed like the right thing to do with a 24K service coming up. Currently running an RK X-ring chain (and new sprockets).

Once, when the chain was really gross, I removed the rear wheel, which let a section of chain droop into a pan with kerosene and had at it with a toothbrush.

Time to go beer hunting!!!

Garry