From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Tony B.
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 1:45 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Re: Gas Prices/Excessive complaining/Cost of operation

I reside in the Western WA, Fuel prices are about 1.50/gal avg but seen
it up to 1.70/gal

In this area, there are MANY trucks and SUVs, I mean every soccer mom
and pencil pushing city resident has to have an F350 club wagon Power
Stroke to get 6 bags of groceries and 3 kids around town, maybe
occasionally tow a small boat or something. Nothing I cant do w/my Turbo
Saab beater car @ 24+ mpg - it can also swallow an impressive pile of
firewood for a 2 door hatch. I would assume most of us here have chosen
vehicles based on our needs rather than fashon/status statements. It
seems us motorcyclists are a different breed regarding vehicles.
Exceptions I know!!! but generally speaking.

I have an 86 full size Bronco 5.0 OD that is mighty thirsty (8 town-18
hwy w/OD) but it sits until I need to cover rough terrain
(shooting/camping etc). I also have a modified 78 LTD that has never
gotten better than 13 anywhere but it sits until I have 6 or more
passengers.

I hear lots of complaining, usually from ppl that just HAD to have that
lumbering turd of an SUV. Dont get me wrong, I feel a bite every time I
fill up but this is the cost of doing business and owning vehicles/power
equipment. The last place I thought I would hear this much discussion
about fuel costs is on a digest for vehicles that get 45mpg or better!!
I know my ST never gets less than 60mpg on the other side of the mtns.

This is where its going w/fuel prices, The ride is more enjoyable if
were not pissed about the fuel we just put into it. Peace!!!!

Tony

00 ST

  _____

Yahoo! Messenger
Show us what our next emoticon should look like. Join
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=31855/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/e
moticontest> the fun.