Re: [ST] accessory receptacle on RS's

Don,

I have the schematic for the '99 RS (but unfortunately I now own an '03
RS).

Two separate connectors are clearly shown on the diagram, one for the
heated grips and the other for the accessory socket.  It is also clear
that they are both connected to the same fuse.  One has two wires
(accessory socket connection) and the other has three (heated grip
connector)

So when you say your service manager showed you the connector where the
heated grips are plugged in, did you also see the OTHER connector?  I
don't think it makes sense that this second connector will be anywhere
near the instrument panel (since the accessory socket obviously mounts
much closer to the battery).

Now as I said at the outset, this info is taken from a schematic for the
'99 RS.  I have no idea if this second connector even exists on an '03
RS, but I think someone else has already suggested that the wiring
harness for an '03 has a different part number, even from an '03 ST.

It's curious that your schematic for an '02 seems to show the accessory
socket connector (two wires) in addition to that for the heated grips
(three wires).

Neil