RE: [ST] for Emile - SW Motech

>From: don draper
>Looks like a great set-up, Emile, but I can't see enough of the
>racks to get an idea of how they might be better than the stock
>GIVI racks I've been using on my RS's for the last 5 years.

Don, do you use 3 Givi bags? As far as I know Givi only made
a sidecase setup once and later only a topcase setup (universal and
ugly setup). The siderack setup, as far as I know (and if you can
still get your hands on it), cannot be combined with the Givi
topcase-rack nor the Triumph topcase-rack, since both racks occupy
the same bolt under the saddle. The result is that the saddle won't
close or will have a big gap in the back.

On top of that the SW-Motech rack (sideplates and the topplate) can
quickly be removed by quicklocks within a minute, so that the bike
appears clean (no rack visible) when riding without the cases. The
muffler can also remain in the standard-high position, I don't know
how that is done with the Givi rack.

And then there is the New Zealand Wingrack modification, but for the
same price I'd rather go for the more durable, nicer looking (no big
chunky Givi blinkers) and removable Motech kit.

I've added 2 pics (that I used in the first animated gif) to show
the rack in more detail and the kit without the plates (takes about
a minute or less to remove, I guess it can be done in 10 seconds
with some practice): http://piloot.smugmug.com/gallery/478017/1/19584062
You can click on them to see them larger. The black knob you see on
the sideracks (next to the saddle) is a lock so other people can't
remove your rack, including bags.

Emile
www.piloot.com