From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Steve Lawler
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 2:14 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] Tank bags

Anyone have a recommendation for a good tank bag? I'm planning on a long
trip this summer and would like to have something that will hold my mp3
player as well as other sundries that I would like easy access to.
(Water bottle, shield cleaner, maps, rain gear, etc.) The website shows
a method of electrifying one but I would like to hack up a good one
rather than a POS that will fall apart after 1000 miles.

I used to carry my CD/mp3 player in a fanny pack but the player decided
to commit suicide on the Palisades Parkway last fall. I had stopped for
a bathroom break and when I got under way I realized that I hadn't
turned it back on. Shortly afterward it felt that it was being
neglected. It climbed out and jumped at 65+mph. I felt something hit my
left heel and wondered "What the heck was that?" No shoulder. Plenty of
cars. I would have to wait for an exit. A couple of miles down the road
I pulled off and discover the loss. I figured it wasn't worth going back
to locate the pieces.

Anyway. Tank bag recommendations?

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"I wish people who have trouble communicating would just shut up."
             -- Tom Lehrer