Re: [ST] Re: Oil Link - Clutch casing gasket

On 4/14/05, Chris Harwood <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't like the sound of '...Im not good doing jobs myself...'.  That
> leaves a lot of room for error unless you're being modest.

flippant, really
to tell you the truth, i am currently so busy ill probably just get
someone to do it for me. Its not that i cant apply myself but i dont
have the luxury of the time right now.

> My feeling is the main thing is to loosen and tighten the bolts
> progressively so's you don't warp the cover.  Check that the mating
> surfaces are nice and clean of old gasket before assembling.  Check the
> bolt threads are clean, then don't over-tighten especially into alloy
> (looks like 9Nm to me).

i learnt my lesson with spark plugs on a Z750 many years ago! Thats
good info, ill keep that. thanks

> It would be worth examining the old gasket to see if your diagnosis is
> born out before refilling.

i did a double check in advance with a mechanic before ordering.
Taking into consideration the long ride burning off the oil deposits
caused by short commuter runs, the gasket was probably sealed wihth
some of those deposits. But yes, i will be checking the residue on the
floor carefully.
--
iPat
live for today, live for tomorrow