[ST] MotoGP - Round 1

Ok.  Now that I've seen the race I'll talk.

If any controversy is going to start, it will probably be in Rossi's favor.  Like Rossi said in the podium interview, in English: "that's racing".

IMO Rossi didn't do anything wrong.  He took the inside line before Gibernau and Gib only had two choices 1) Cut in like he did and try to bump out Rossi or 2) Concede.  Turns out 1 lead to two.

I saw the replay several times from at least two angles, and stepping through it, it clearly looks to me that Gib was the one who initiated the bump.  Granted Rossi's foot came off the peg like a dirt tracker, but he was still holding his line.  It was Gib that came in on Rossi and Rossi didn't give.  Then the result of the bump caused Rossi to bring the bike up causing Gib to come up, causing both to carry outside.  Since Gib was on the outside, he ended up in the gravel.

That was all just damn great racing by both riders.  Gib should not be ashamed.  I'm a Rossi fan (being 3/4 Italian) but Gib, Melandri, Porto, just to name a few still all have my utmost respect.

Rich