[ST] Re: CHAIN / SPROCKET WEAR.

G'day folks.. more chain wear questions
My 2002 ST has done 32,000 klm (19,500 miles) and I think the original
chain is getting a bit suspect.  It has become very noisy when backing
off or changing down thru the gears to slow down - It has developed one
tight spot. I have 18/43 set up which suits me fine and the front and
back sprokets are showing no wear marks at all.  I ride hard, mostly
with my girlfriend as pillion and mostly twisty country roads = lots of
gear changes.
How do you check if the chain is thru, or do I just keep adjusting it
till the sprockets wear out ?  Should I get a new OEM chain and fit it
up to the old sprockets - or should I just replace the whole lot, which
will be expensive (even in Australia) Any previous experience with this
would be greatly appreciated.
Thx - Harry 2002 ST (T/Red IMHO = the best color)
PS: For those who recall - the 2nd rear axle bearing seems fine - and
Mary  Ann's leg/knee has healed well, but can still be painful
sometimes..

http://au.movies.yahoo.com