Re: [ST] Floppy mirrors

> I seem to recall that someone came up with a really good fix to the problem of the floppy mirrors on the ST.
>
> Any chance of a re-post?
>
> Brett
> '99 ST

Brett,
I recently fixed my 'floppy mirror'. I went to the hardware store and
bought a bolt that would fit through the post and a nylock nut. I also
bought a couple of regular thick washers that fit over the post.
Finally I got a washer with the same outside diameter as the others
but that had a hole that was about the same size as the bolt. I has to
drill out the post slightly to get the bolt to fit through.

The only downsides are that the mirror will not pop off in an accident
and the nylock sticks up far enough to make a slight bump in the
rubber boot.

Here is a picture
http://www.rgalea.com/pics/st_mirror.jpg

Rupert