Re: [ST] Damaged ST on ebay. Thoughts?

The picture indicates it's been on the track so it's been ridden hard, even though it is low mileage.

And then what kind of owner leaves the bike running for an hour? What other things did this owner forget to do? If he can't remember to turn his bike off when he's done with it, did he remember to take it in for service?

Buying it for a parts bike at a low price would be a good deal if the price is really low. But I wouldn't trust the motor to give you very many miles. And even though it hasn't been down, the plastic got hot enough to warp. Unless I could see it and ride it person, I'd stay away unless it ends up going for less than a couple grand and you could use a parts bike.