RE: [ST] For Kevin - Broken Crank

"doggydoo" stepped off his moped chopper long enough to write:
"Jeez, Kevin... In nearly 10 years on the list I've never before
heard of a Hinckley triple with a broken crank. . . "

              - - -  o&\o

There were some metallurgical problems with cranks - a bad batch
perhaps - in the early 955's.   When I was helping out in the shop at
Cascade Moto Classics during the '01 season there was a '00 Daytona (?
- it was the first silver 955i) with a broken crank. Triumph stepped
up with a new engine but when the owner grenaded the second engine in
short order I heard that claim was denied.  Historically, "T" has been
pretty accommodating in correcting out of warranty failures where
there was clearly an issue.  Case in point:  they've fixed lots of oil
consumption problems which were waaayyy out of warranty.
--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST