Re: [ST] Crank story continues...

Rupert Galea wrote:

Kevin,
I would like to see the pictures.

If I am understanding you correctly I believe that they would have
removed this cover to turn the engine over when checking the valve
clearances. If this is the case then I would think that they caused

Aiy, when reading the previous email all I could think is that the tech used that bolt to turn the engine the wrong way, thus loosening the bolt. Or even just using the bolt in the correct way may have had an effect on the thread lock compound, or maybe there was no thread lock, which would be a factory issue I am guessing.

In wither case, when doing valves, why not just put the bike in third gear and turn the engine with the real wheel??? That is what I did on my '01 ST.

this. What worries me here is that if it their fault and they try and
fob it off on Triumph what happens id Triumph say no?

Very interesting!!

I am sure someone here has a Triumph service manual and could scan the
appropriate page.

It would be interesting.

cheers,
Tom