Re: [ST] Crank story continues...

Tom,

Don't know as I have not done it yet, but expect to in about 4K and expect to use the Triumph tool or one like it. . But aren't the '02 and later different?

Dave Bardell
Thomas Emberson wrote:

Dave Bardell wrote:

Not sure since I own a 2001, but the guy that adj. mine at 24K removed the cams - said it was easier??

WTF, my ass, with the tool from Triumph it is extremely, I mean exceedingly easy to adjust the valves on the '01 ST engine.

It's like, rotate engine forward so the buck it down, install tool, rotate engine 360 deg, thus cam will move 180 deg, get magnet pull shim, place new shim on magnet put in place and use a screw driver to separate magnetic probe from shim, rotate engine 360 deg to lower bucket, remove tool and you are done.

Why would you want to mess with the cam chain and bearings if you don't have to?????

regards,
Tom