[ST] Knee space '05

>From: Kevin Hoskins
>Subject: [ST] Re: ST-triumphnet.com Digest, Vol 1, Issue 21
>What I would like to know from anyone who is taller than 6' 1"
>and have had a chance to sit on or ride an '05 Sprint: has
>the lower fairing been made shorter so that it does not
>interfere with the pilot's knees? I am 6' 3" with a ~36"

I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam (Ralph Lauren Polo jeans). My
knees (when wearing gear with knee protectors) will only
touch (but not bothersome) when putting my crown jewels
against the tank, otherwise I'm clear. My normal riding
position is slightly aft of that point, so very much
forward still... and it's not bothering this pilot's knees.

I've sat on a '05 for a minute on the Utrecht fair about
2 months ago. I didn't take special notice, but I can't
remember the fairing being as close. So I think there
is more knee space, but I'm not sure. I just know my
knees didn't touch in any way (wearing jeans then).
Hope it helps... but I guess you'd wanna take a testride
first anyway. If you like red, remember the ABS version
which is about to come out will come in red. Don't know
what kind of red though. I wonder what it will look like
in BRG with grey wheels...

Emile
'01 Sprint ST BRG
www.piloot.com