RE: [ST] Pridmore Crash

Rich Masiak asked:
>>Anyone have any New news on the status of Jason Pridmore?  Since he
crashed in practice it wasn't televised, but by the sounds of his
injury I take it he high sided.  Last I heard he ruptured his spleen
and under went surgery, but I haven't seen any more news.  I hope he's
ok.  <<

Found this on Google:
--
Rick in Oregon

Injured racer has spleen removed
Tuesday, April 26, 2005
JIM DUNN
For The Birmingham News
Jason Pridmore, who races for Michael Jordan Motorsports in the AMA
Superbike and Superstock divisions, suffered extensive internal
injuries when he crashed during a practice session Sunday at Barber
Motorsports Park, a team member said Monday.

Pridmore was transported by ambulance to UAB Hospital, where he
underwent emergencysurgery. He suffered a ruptured spleen and
lacerated a kidney, according to Ken Abbott, general manager for
Jordan Motorsports. He said doctors removed Pridmore's spleen but they
expected him to leave the hospital soon.

 He's "progressing well," Abbott said. "He's still at UAB, but they
took the respirators off this morning, and he's recovering faster than
they had expected. He may only stay two or three days instead of the
normal seven to 10."

Abbott said Pridmore's crash was nothing out of the ordinary in
motorcycle racing.

"It was just a pretty standard crash, what they call a lowside,"
Abbott said. "The front wheel apparently tucked underneath and he went
straight down. But it was nothing extraordinary, and it wasn't
high-speed, he just ended up with extraordinary injuries from a very
simple crash."

Pridmore also had crashed Friday during Superstock practice, lowsiding
his bike and slamming into a tire wall just past the ninth turn.

Abbott said Friday's crash had nothing to do with Sunday's.

"He hit his head pretty hard on the tire wall and was having headaches
and some dizziness, which are sometimes symptoms of what they call a
minor concussion. You just hit your head pretty hard and it takes a
little while to clear up. But 30 minutes after the crash, he was
great."

Abbott said it was too early to know when Pridmore would be back
racing. The Jordan team will be at California Speedway this week and
at the Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif., May 13-15.

"We're not going to push any of his recovery time at all," Abbott
said. "We want him to be able to take his time and be fully recovered
before he gets back on the motorcycle. When Jason's ready, we've got
his bikes waiting for him."