Re: [ST] electrical demons (longish response)

I am very sorry to hear of your elec. demons. I also live in the Seattle area and am approaching 50K of all seasons from wet/cold to hot/muggy on my trusty ST. Mine has been trouble free its entire life other than a recent coolant temp sensor (turned out to be just the plug to it)

I cant offer any advise about what may be wrong but I would STRONGLY reccomend rescuing your bike and delivering it to the hands of a more reputable shop.

Last I heard Toby was still working at Cycle Mart in Lacy WA. He has worked on my ST several times for normal service and has earned my deepest faith and respect as well as that of others I know. I have delt with Howard at Champion Cycle in Bellingham and I am highly pleased with him as well. An aquaintance just purchased a new Rocket III from Champion Cycle and also speaks highly of the experience. Champion was highly reccomended by a local bike shop. My experience at Cycle Barn made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Many folks as far away as the Black Hills of SD have heard about Cycle Barn, Im not making this up, proceed w/caution here. That many riders spread out over that much land cannot be totally wrong.

This is only my experience and that of others I have ridden with. I felt compelled to chime in with the hopes that you may have your baby properly/quickly diagnosed and repaired at a reasonable rate. In the hands of a proper tech your machine should serve you for quite some time yet.

IMHO you are not to close to having to choose  between spouse and machine yet. I choose bachelorhood over domesticated cagerhood and bought the new 00 ST anyway.......she never really left, I will try again w/a Rocket III in a year or two.  :)  :) Seriously, I really hope that you get it repaired correctly and quickly, summer is far to short around here!

Peace and good luck

Tony

00 ST