RE: [ST] Brake rotors

What I fail to understand is why are your rotors gone so early in life? I
have over 48,000 miles on my 2000 RS, and am still on my original rotors
which look to be in mint condition. Moreover, I am just nearing the end of
life of my second set of front pads, still on the original rears (but also
just about gone.)

I'll be replacing the fronts with the original ones I'd swapped out with new
OEM replacements at 18K. They weren't nearly gone when I did the job, I just
thought they were. After putting the new ones side-by-side with originals, I
discovered the thickness of the pads were not as thick as other aftermarket
ones I'd used on my Suzuki in years past. I, for one, will never use
anything but OEM replacements in consideration of how well they've
performed. I once put Vesrah Kevlar pads on my Suzuki GSX-F750 (Katana in
the US), and was replacing the grooved, worn out OE rotors within 10K miles.
Never again will I take chances with aftermarket stuff when OEM works as
good as mine has.

My own experience, take it for what it's worth.

Ken M.
'00 RS
Spencer MA USA