[ST] Resources and Gas....

- ----------MailBlocks_8C709BF140C495E_1F8_15F18_mblk-r39.sysops.aol.com

I have found the whole thread thing on gas consumpion, SUV's and the like very interesting.  Points made by several people.

However, adding my 2 cents, I like pointing out the resource used to make a bike.  A bike is composed of approximately 400lbs to 600lbs of materials.  There are exceptions.  However, when it comes to making an SUV or a car, we are talking about 2 to 4 tons of materials.  I don't have a study to back this up, just looking at the amount of weight a vehicle is comprised off.

Bike 500lbs
SUV 8,000lbs

One in theory could make 16 bikes for one SUV and get better mpg while you are at it.

Oh well, just my thought, and more fuel for the fire :)

Tom

- ----------MailBlocks_8C709BF140C495E_1F8_15F18_mblk-r39.sysops.aol.com

<HTML><BODY><DIV style='font-family: "Verdana"; font-size: 10pt;'><DIV>I have found the whole thread thing on gas consumpion, SUV's and the like very interesting.&nbsp; Points made by several people.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>However, adding my 2 cents, I like pointing out the resource used to make a bike.&nbsp; A bike is composed of approximately 400lbs to 600lbs of materials.&nbsp; There are exceptions.&nbsp; However, when it comes to making an SUV or a car, we are talking about 2 to 4 tons of materials.&nbsp; I don't have a study to back this up, just looking at the amount of weight a vehicle is comprised off.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Bike 500lbs</DIV>
<DIV>SUV 8,000lbs</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>One in theory could make 16 bikes for one SUV and get better mpg while you are at it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Oh well, just my thought, and more fuel for the fire :)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Tom</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ----------MailBlocks_8C709BF140C495E_1F8_15F18_mblk-r39.sysops.aol.com--