RE: [ST] FYI Gas prices

Nate, why did we subsidize electric cars all those years and then quit.
Because no one would buy them except at gun-point or with tax-payer
money, that's why.

Now the new miracle is hydrogen.  Except we have to use electricity to
make hydrogen.  And how do we make electricity?  To a large extent by
burning oil or coal.  Whoops, what wrong with this idea?

Subsidies don't work.  If it isn't economical in the market place, it
ain't gonna fly!  Subtlety is not my strong point, what I'm trying to
say is that demonizing SUV's or whatever isn't going to solve the
problem.  Gas gets expensive enough and the owners will park them
without some screeching Ludite in a '68 Saab telling them they are
destroying the planet.

While there is sometimes value in doing something rather than nothing,
likewise there is value in doing nothing rather than something,
especially if you don't understand the problem and have no idea of the
long term effects of your actions.

Question:  If Harley Davidson made an airplane, would you fly in it?

Andrew F. Kay, Jr.
Riders of the Lost Empire, LC,  13355 79th Street, Fellsmere, FL 32948
www.lostempire.com   andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Sound, sound the clarion, fill the fife, throughout the sensual world
proclaim, one crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a
name." Thomas Osbert Mordaunt, 1730-1809