Re: [ST] All shiney again :O)

On 03/08/2005, at 9:59 PM, Howlin' Dawg wrote:

When stopped at a junction I'm in the habit constantly scanning my mirrors in my peripheral vision.
Just at the last second before the impact I saw the Merc logo appear in the left hand mirror and new that an impact was inevitable.
I let go of the bars and as the impact occurred jumped up and to the left as the bike took off out from underneath me.
I landed in a crouch, slightly to the left of the truck while the bike ended up being thrown across two lanes of traffic.
It was all very Spiderman :O)

Nice job Howlin. I was rear-ended about 18 months ago at a red light. I too saw it coming. I got the bike rolling and tried to keep it upright until it was obvious that wasn't going to work. A similarly sounding "Spiderman" jump off the back left my unmanned ST heading into unknown territory through the intersection. Eventually it just fall over and wasn't hit by a car (other than the original rear end offender).

Other than a sore back I walked away scott free - and the bike was rebuilt like new by the other guys insurance. Can't believe I've now heard of 2 guys rear ended that just dusted themselves off and walked away. Amazing.

David ...